The book of sand
An alternative way of reading The Book of Sand, a short story by Jorge Luis Borges.
This program relies on a cellular automata where each cell simulates a grain of sand.
- • Point and press mouse to drop some sand
- • Hold 'shift' key while pressing mouse to remove sand
- • If at some point you can't see text anymore: drop some sand near one of the horizontal sides to create a friendly slope that will bring a new line in
- • Press 'x' key to wipe-out all the sand
- • Thanks to Maximus Clarke, for his hypertext puzzle.
- • Thanks to Norman Thomas di Giovanni, for his translation to English.